Monday, November 7, 2016

Chapter 15 Blog Post

Shahid Monametsi

This Chapter discuss the affects and rises of monopolies. I think that this is actually a fairly simple chapter to sink one's teeth into as this was not a very difficult chapter. I thought that this was fairly simple, because the we have kind of touched on the topic of monopolies and their power however it is nice to finally read the extent of their power. In this chapter you not only read about what they are (along with real world applications), but also the regulations put in place to check their power. This was once again easy to take in, because we have covered the idea that government intervention is necessary so that the market (perfect or not) works at full efficiency.

If I had to really pick something tricky about this chapter, it would be the fact that there was so much covered in a single chapter. If I do recall this was same stuff was covered for markets, however it took around 4 or 5 chapters to summarize all of the knowledge pertaining to deadweight loss, government intervention etc. I know that it should be easy to understand to an extent, however I had a troubles taking in all of the information and I know that this will definitely mess me up on the test.  

No comments:

Post a Comment